If you’re at the busy but not productive stage of life and business then hopefully this post will shed a little light on one of the many ways you can help yourself. Truth bomb time, if you keep complaining about it but not taking any alternative action then you and I both know that nothing is going to change.
This way to help yourself that I mention? Well of course it is outsourcing to a Virtual Assistant. If you’re new here and in the interests of full disclosure, I am a virtual assistant. I like to think of myself as an administrative whizz and an extraordinary support provider (If I do say so myself!) and so I can hand on heart tell you that outsourcing to a quality virtual assistant could be just the life saver you need.
- YOUR ISSUE: – ‘My business has hit a plateau and no matter what I do I just can’t grow it’
- It is my firm belief that if you have 100% to give and you are spreading that 100% across 10 different activities – at best you are giving a fraction of your focus and energy to some of the most important things that your business needs to grow. Having a consultation with and hiring a Virtual Assistant should enable you to identify where you need to triple your focus to produce growth and where you can relinquish some control and delegate work you are not the only one capable of doing.
ASK YOURSELF: If you could drop 25% of your workload without it damaging your business, what growth strategy would you implement?
- YOUR ISSUE: – ‘My relationships are suffering because I never get to see my family and on the rare occasions I do I’m not really present’
- Often the reason for starting our own businesses is our ‘Why’ and that why often translates to finding a better work life balance, spending more time with the family and building a life that allows you to live with said family, in the way you have always dreamed of. But building a business is certainly not for the faint of heart, it takes an insane amount of time, particularly in the early days. As your business gets past those early days it’s easy to stay in the habit of ploughing on with everything and trying to maintain that momentum. But it’s exhausting. It’s manageable at the start because you know it’s not forever but as your income stabilises it’s time to really take stock of where you want to be with that and make some choices. A good VA will be able to support you in going from time poor to positively productive. Taking on some of your time sucker tasks (and doing them really well) so that you don’t have to find time to do them will give you that space you crave to reconnect with your family and friends and come back into the business with renewed vigour and an appreciation for how far you have come.
ASK YOURSELF: What is it that you put off doing until it’s a complete brain ache? Which tasks don’t you enjoy, find hard or laborious, or simply seem to take you forever and/or dread the thought of? These are often the ones that end up infringing in the worst possible way on our personal lives.
- YOUR ISSUE: – ‘Some of my tasks bore me and I feel like I could be doing something so much more important for my business’
- It’s safe to say that there is a lot more to running and building a business than only doing the thing you love and are amazing at. I may be a little controversial here but some of the things you have to do are going to bore you to tears. Those jobs will become time suckers, they will get put off or forgotten about until such a time as they take up ALL your head space. You will occasionally wake up with the dread and when that starts happening regularly with the boring stuff it will start to impede your area of awesome. Being bogged down is hardly a good environment to be creating what you need to in order to evolve your business. Working with a VA who takes on those tasks that hamper your creativity and who understands your creative/business goals will alleviate those, freeing up your time and head space or you to take things to the next level.
ASK YOURSELF: What do I want now versus what I want most. Relinquishing some control is tough but that’s a ‘what I want now’ mentality, if you complain about not being able to focus on the goal/being too bogged down with the little things then you need to recognise the ‘what I want most’ mentality and run with it!
To summarise the 3 reasons I believe hiring a VA can improve your business are:
- It will reduce your workload so that the tasks you actually do, get more of your effort and focus.
- Working with a VA will allow you to spend personal time on yourself and your family improving your health and relationships and reinvigorating your love for the business.
- Taking away those boring/time sucking tasks means your VA will give you the head space you need to refocus on your business strategy/goals and creativity.
Does any of that resonate with you? Do you think it’s time to dip a toe in the consultation waters? Drop me a line here and lets arrange a call!
Don’t forget, sharing, liking and commenting on blog posts like this help small businesses like The Amy Johnson stay in business and supporting you.
Thank you for reading!